H-2A/H-2B – Visas:
- H-2A Seasonal Agricultural Workers; Notice- USCIS revised H-2A program requirements and regulations, which applies to all petitions filed. For more information, review H-2A information on the USCIS website.
- H-2B Temporary or Seasonal Nonagricultural Workers. This classification generally requires a temporary labor certification issued by the Department of Labor (66,000);
Notice- USCIS revised H-2B program requirements and regulations, which applies to all petitions filed. For more information, review H-2B information the USCIS website.
The employer must satisfy the following conditions to import foreign workers under the H2A/H-2B visa:
1.The job and the employer’s need must be one time, seasonal, peak load or intermittent
2.The job must be for less than one year
3.There must be no qualified and willing U.S. workers available for the job
Each applicant for a visitor visa must submit these forms and documentation as explained below.
- Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160.
- A passport valid for travel to the U.S. with a validity date of at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in the passport, each person desiring a visa must make an application.
- One (1) 2×2 photograph.
- Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee: You will need to provide a receipt showing the visa application processing fee has been paid, when you come for your visa interview.
- Visa issuance fee: Additionally, if the visa is issued, there will be an additional visa issuance reciprocity fee, if applicable. Please consult the Visa Reciprocity Tables to find out if you must pay a visa issuance reciprocity fee and what the fee amount is.
Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.
Important Notice: Before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 60 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.